Shorter day today, only 9 km though it felt longer. Weather got really hot, it was in the mid 70s! Sun was brutal, picked up a bit of a sunburn. Beautiful land though, vineyards as far as I can see in every direction. Hills and lovely mountains all over. Finally had the Galician octopus I've been searching for, and it was delicious. Everything here is so fresh and locally sourced. The difference is obvious.
Long day ahead tomorrow, 20km to right before the big climb. This will be my last day in this region which has been so good to me. Incredible wine, great food and nice people. Galicia has a lot to live up to.
Sorry for the short post but I'm very tired. Wish me luck tomorrow!

Looks like you have lost some weight young man! You better be taking care of yourself! Jim and I want to try a recipe for stuffed manicotti when you get back
ReplyDeleteWhat a difference the sun makes!
ReplyDeleteLooking good. Keep on Truckin
Terry & Raquel