Orbigo to Astorga.
Roughly 17 km today, left at around 10 ND got into my hotel around 330. Lots of hills and fewer rests than normal for me. I usually rest every hour or so for a good bit. Read some of a book or just sip on water. Decided to try and reach Astorga quicker. Saw lots of fellow pilgrims today, made friends with a group that have been together on and off since Pamplona. Two Germans, a Korean and an American. Good people, we had a fun time walking together. They even shared a light lunch with me.
Roughly 17 km today, left at around 10 ND got into my hotel around 330. Lots of hills and fewer rests than normal for me. I usually rest every hour or so for a good bit. Read some of a book or just sip on water. Decided to try and reach Astorga quicker. Saw lots of fellow pilgrims today, made friends with a group that have been together on and off since Pamplona. Two Germans, a Korean and an American. Good people, we had a fun time walking together. They even shared a light lunch with me.
I took a ton of pictures today, weather wise it started out foggy but quickly grew nicer. Astorga seems like a cool town, il tell you all history tomorrow as I'm beat tonight. One thing of note is a small shrine on top of a hill outside of Astorga, said to be the place where a famous bishop wept on his knees after being exiled from Astorga. He is burried nearby with a piece of the cross Jesus was crucified to. I will say this hotel has the most incredible view of the gaudi palace and cathedral. Tomorrow is my first rest day, though I do have plenty planned. Can't wait to sleep in. Oh and Flickr should be up to date now.
I expect a book from you when this is all said and done... For real!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a great idea...
ReplyDeleteJames, I love your entries and pix. Becki
ReplyDelete